Sunday, 13 May 2012

13/5/12. A New Beginning.

This is my first post in my new blog, designed to be a tool for me to track the progress of the relationship between me and my new horse, George.

Indigo Lord George, (to give him his proper name), will be arriving from Indigo Stud next thurs the 17th of May and I can't wait! He's a just 4yr old RID by Kensons Aragorn out of Wickmor Rosie O'Grady (King Elvis). He's bright bay with a white stripe down his face and a couple of little socks. He's standing about 16.3hh at the moment and hopefully his front will catch up with his rear and he'll end up just over 17hh.

I tried him out the last weekend in April in a really nice visit to the stud. I flew down and was met at Birmingham airport by one of the members of a FB group I started.  We had a lovely horsey afternoon though were frozen and filthy by the time we left!  I rode George in the school for a good 20 mins and then took him for a hack with John, the guy who rides all the young ones. George has only been broken 4 months but he didn't really put a foot wrong.  The tracks were really boggy and muddy with all the rain they'd been having but George just ploughed on through, never batting an eyelid.  We were passed by a van and a car on the road which he didn't bat an eyelid at and the only thing he had a spook at were some bins but when I took him back for a look, he wasn't bothered by them.

So, he was vetted on thurs this week. He passed though did have an active splint, but Janet who owns the stud has said she'll take him back should it cause any issues but I doubt it will.

So Gillies are picking him up on tuesday and dropping him off at Fountain Equestrian on thurs. I'm going to leave him there for a night as Duchesse is leaving on fri morning and once she's gone, we'll go and collect him in the trailer! I really can't wait!  All his insurance is organised (full loss of use this time) and we're ready to go!!!        

 George on trial day.

No comments:

Post a Comment