Yesterday I decided to ride first thing. I took him in and gave him a brush. As usual, he was fine being in alone. Wasn't sure that he would be after being out with the other 2 boys all night but he was. Popped him on the lunge for 5 mins to get his attention and he was really good. Hopped on and did 10 mins of stuff just in walk. Just wanted him forward and paying attention. Asked for some softening in halt. He was soooo good. Especially since the much heap is still smouldering away from when Lee set it on fire the other day.
Then same again today.In for a brush. Noticed a bit of heat and swelling on the right fore again so hosed it off after I rode and applied more gel. Lunged again for 5 mins before I got on. He really listened well this time which was fab as the cows are now in the field behind the school and I thought he might worry, but he didn't :) Trotted today too. Just concentrated again on forwardness and steering :) and softening in the halt. Really, really pleased with him!!! Love this boy. Might have to look at changing his feed though as he's really not that bothered about eating it! He's got the hang of carrots now tho, bless :)
No comments:
Post a Comment