Yesterday I had Emily Anderson-Green and her sister Gillian come over to see what I was doing with George. I'd asked Em as she's very experienced with youngsters and is also really good with people who are lacking confidence. I started by lunging him where he showed that he wasn't actually going to listen to a word I said and was much happier dragging me around and staring at the girls. Em took him off me and got him in a corner and really made him focus on her instead of gawping around him. I got on then and did a bit with Em walking beside me but soon we were off into trot. She showed me how to get his attention away from the others and onto me by sponging the inside rein and using my voice and a little scratch as a reward. He was sooo good :) Still all over the place but he really tried his heart out. Em and Gillian thought her was wonderful. They are coming back on wed to help me again.
Today, Elizabeth came up and we went for a hack. No lunging this time. Straight on and round the school once and out the gate. Jane walked with us to stop traffic if need be but all was fine. He dealt with barking dogs, flappy plastic, cars, tractor and the horses being silly in the field. Good boy :) We went back into the school for 5 mins when we got back which he seemed to think meant follow Paddy and was a bit nappy, but he walked on and turned away from him when asked. Out the hack,he was in front all the way.
Very pleased!!!!
Pics from yesterday.
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1064.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1056.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1052.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1036.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN0996.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN0995.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN0990.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment