Gillies turned up just before 9.30 this morning. We had been ready for ages and I'd given D a tube of calmer as we had to lead her to the end of the road to load. It ended up that she had to go in the side ramp rather than the rear which meant the driver couldn't reverse in like he did once before, but just parked across the end of the drive. Anyway, she messed about a bit, then the driver put a chiffney in. She had another mess about, mainly because she couldn't work out how to turn at the top of the ramp, but Lee and the driver did a good job and she was in within 10mins. She looked out through the window as he was driving away and it made me a bit sad. I had a little sob at the brief thought that I perhaps should have tried harder and I was letting her down. But I soon came to my senses. This was the only option for me and I'm sure she'll be perfectly happy having babies.
So then we quickly legged it over to Fountain to get George. I was worried about him being upset if the other horses had all gone out but he was standing contentedly at the back of his stable having a little kip :) We mucked out around him and he introduced himself to Lee. Apparently he likes to nibble :) Then straight out round to the trailer. Good boy just walked straight in, no hestitation, and started munching on his haynet. He had a little stamp around when I moved off, just finding his balance then travelled so quietly all the way home!
Elizabeth was riding Paddy when we got back so they spoke over the school fence while we put a rug on him. Then turned him out in the rain :) He had a prance about, showed off his extended trot, had a roll and then a squeal with Paddy and Ricco and then settled down to eat which is pretty much what he's been doing all afternoon. I'm going to head out in a minute and take them all in and try on his new rugs :)
So a good day with a little bit of sadness. I'll feel better when D has arrived safely in her new home on monday I think. Fingers crossed she settles there and has a great life.
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/Georgefirstday.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/GeorgeandRicco.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment