So hot today! About 25 degrees and spent the whole day outside getting brown :) Mucked out 3 stables and then once there was a bit of a breeze, took George in for a lunge. He was much better than the last time I lunged him. He listened much better and wasn't so nosey at what the other horses were doing.
Then I attempted to show him the hose :) I had seen him being hosed at Janet's and he stood like a rock. But today he wan't so sure, bless. In the end, I used a sponge and bucket of water so I could get him nice and cool. He did let me hose 1 hoof for a millisecond :)
I'm having a slight worry though. I've been watching him and whether he's loose or working, he sometimes throws his head really violently. It reminds me of what head shakers do. He also does a lot of snorting, like he's trying to clear his nose. I really hope he doesn't turn out to be a headshaker or I'll be gutted :( I've emailed Janet to ask if he did anything like this at home. Fingers crossed it'll turn out to be nothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment