Friday, 25 May 2012

25/5/12. Poor George.

Yesterday morning I found George with a front foot stuck in his haynet. Managed to cut him down without him freaking out and walked him out straight away. It was slightly puffy but I thought if I turned him out it'd probably go down.  2hrs later, his leg had blown up. Called the vet who came and said that he was worried about lymphangitis and gave him 4 IV jabs of an anti inflammatory, antibiotic, painkiller and a diuretic.  Left me with Danilon and Antibiotics for his feed too. He was so good. Never moved a muscle :) Cold hosed it for 40 mins and again twice more yesterday. Vet said leave him out to help walk off the swelling.

Went out at 6.30am as I couldn't sleep any longer for wondering how he was. He was lying down and I thought, Oh God, but actually, he was just having a sleep.  His leg seems to have gone down a teeny bit but is still huge so have cold hosed it this morning and Lee did it at lunchtime. I also gave him another IM diuretic jab that the vet left me while Lee held him and he was a star :)  Gave him all his sachets in his breakfast and thought there's no way he'll eat it, but he did.  Working tonight so Lee is going to hose and gel him again later and give him his tea.  Poor boy. He's been such a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment