We have spent every day since thursday hosing and gelling George's leg. It's been absolutely roasting every day and I think he probably appreciated the cold water. His leg has gradually come down each day and today it was nearly back to normal :) Yesterday, I took advantage of the heat and gave him a proper bath. He was so good. Just stood there and let me do it. Then I razored his mane as it was so long. Again, not bothered :)
So I'd arranged with Elizabeth to go for another hack again today. It's been exactly a week since he was last sat on so I thought I'd better lunge first. Especially as it's much cooler, the girls have been bombing round their field all morning and the farmer had just turned his cows out. Also, Lee had set the muck heap on fire a few days ago and I wasn't sure how he'd react to the smouldering. So he was a little bit high to begin with but actually listened really well and calmed down very quickly. Lunged both ways and he was so good. One little spook at the smoke, then ignored it :) Paddy was having a little broncing session with elizabeth so she got off and lunged him too. I asked her if she still wanted to go out but she was fine about it.
Set off with George in front again. Jane and Elizabeth's boyfriend walking. He was much less concerned about Paddy's whereabouts today and marched on pretty well. Got to the house at the end of the road and not only were the dogs playing with a squeeky toy in the garden but the man was also burning his garden rubbish. Little spook from the boys. Nothing major. Then along the road again and back home. The girls were all still bombing about and Ricco came galloping over to say hi but George was good. Just stopped for a minute then walked on quite the thing. So pleased with him!
Turned him out with Ricco and Paddy when we got home. He really wasn't too concerned. Just had a wee chat with Lola over the fence and set about finding the best grass. Love this boy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment