Friday, 6 July 2012

George is lame.

So I've been on nights this week and last rode on tues when G was awesome. Livery friend gets hold of hubby yesterday when I was asleep and tells him she thinks G looks lame. Husband wakes me up and I bring him in to check. Had fed him the day before in the field and he looked ok but now was hopping. Rang vet and said I thought perhaps abcess and they said they'd be right out.

Vet appears, looks at G and says "oh,I didn't realise he'd be shod!" Errrr wtf?! "I haven't brought anything to remove a shoe" :kopfpatsch: So, had to use husbands screw driver, hammer and pliars to try to get the shoe off. G obviously very sore and hopping around, vet then rips his hand open on a clench! Fab. Blood everywhere! Me getting more and more :angryfire: and then husband does when vet snaps his Philips screwdriver! Finally get shoe off and vet spends ages paring sole and declares not an abcess all.

Says, "just put him back out, I wouldn't bother polticing as I can't see any evidence of an abcess. Ring if he's not better in a few days". So of course I disregarded this priceless advice, put down a bed, polticed his foot and rang farrier and left a message to come out.

This morning there is a ton of thick black smelly gunk on the poltice. Think it's coming from down the side of his frog and on digging about with my finger, there appears to be quite a deep hole there. Have scrubbed it clean and re polticed and am waiting for farrier to get in touch.

Don't think I'll be paying that call out charge.

Ron has now been out and couldn't find an abscess though said his frog is quite soft and spongey and he has a touch of thrush.  He has a deep crevice in his frog which was quite mucky and smelly. Told me to poltice over the weekend and he'll come back on monday for another look.

No comments:

Post a Comment