George had to go back to Ardene on wednesday to see Alice again. I asked Elizabeth to come as Lee was on nights and I had to take Jess again.
He loaded pretty well. It took 5 mins and a handful of grass:) Travelled much more quietly without the partition and arrived not sweaty!! Yay!
He was much better behaved this time. Walked quietly off the trailer and stood still for Alice to look at his foot while I fed him handfuls of nuts :) Daffy was there and had a look too and since his foot was nice and soft from being wrapped up, it was obvious that the abscess is going to burst out of the left side of his heel. It's very tender and almost has a head on it.
So Alice was pleased. No more xrays needed and she commented how much better his behaviour was this time :) Clever boy! Said to get the shoe back on then basically just wait for the abscess to pop. Then poltice when it does and let her know incase she wants him to have antibiotics.
Took 10mins to load him to come home. Again he went in for grass :) Couldn't put the back bar up as lost the pin (found as we were leaving). He was a little bit more unbalanced on the way home so he'd probably used the breech bar to rest his bum on on the way there. But overall, he was much better so I was chuffed to bits :)
Ron is coming today so cos I'm on tonight and need sleep, Lee is going to bring him in for his feet. I'll leave a note for Ron to let him know what Alice said. Fingers crossed it'll burst soon. That'll be 4 weeks next tues since I've ridden!
We are also getting a new arrival on sunday. Toffee, a 22yr old welsh sec A for Jessica :) We tried him last weekend and he's just ideal. So quiet and calm. Can't wait to be able to hack out with my little girl :)
No comments:
Post a Comment