Monday, 23 July 2012

Nowt much happening.

Since the vet visit, all I've been doing is taking George in for a couple of hours to change his foot and let him chill and eat hay. Boring!

We decided to invest in full length breast and breech bars for the trailer in the hope that giving him a bit more room might make him travel and load better.  We practiced on saturday afternoon and it did take time but I was pleased as by the 3rd load, he stood really unconcerned, even when Lee opened the front ramp. He didn't barge to get out, I was able to halt him on the ramp etc Clever boy!!!  Just hope he does as well on wed when we go back to the vet for his re xray.

When I looked at his foot yesterday there was a split in his heel so I'm hoping if there's pus in there, it'll come out now. Think I might tub his foot this morning and poltice rather than put on a nappy and see what happens by evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment