So, I schooled on Sunday and he was so lazy! I ended up really kicking and nagging just to keep him going. My position was awful and I felt really ineffective. Lee took some photos and they all looked really rubbish. I felt so deflated. I don't want him to get dead to my leg but I had to kick to get him moving!
The next day, I picked up the schooling whip before going into the school. He was much more forward already and I only had to give him a light tap once or twice when he didn't listen to a quiet leg aid to get him forward. He was much much better and it even help the falling in and bend as I could lay it down his neck to help push him out. Felt much less useless :)
Day off yesterday as I was working then lunged today. Put the side reins much lower down and although he wasn't really stretching, he did offer to lower his head and neck and was much more consistently forward and obedient. Made me laugh when he spooked at Rosie in the long grass. He charged off for half a circle and then just trotted slightly faster and more elevated for a circuit or 2 before chilling out again. Such a good boy :)
No comments:
Post a Comment