Yesterday it was horrible and foggy and drizzly, but I rode anyway. He was on high alert for him ;) as you could barely see your hand in front of your face but he settled quickly and started to listen. Actually got some nice work out of him bar the 180 degree spin when Smudge jumped into the school straight in front of him :)
Then today, Elizabeth came with me to Ardmedden to use the school for the first time. He took a minute to load and as usual, Lisa made everything more traumatic by yelling her head off the whole time. He was sweaty when we got there but he was so much calmer than our trip to Fountain! I travelled him with his bridle on just in case it was a nightmare to get it on when we were there. I walked him round the school with his headcollar over his bridle and he had a good look at everything. There were quite a few fillers lying around, a fire hose that was scary and the door was banging like mad in the wind. The door didn't bother him at all and the fillers were fine once he had a sniff.
Emily came down and met us there which was great as she kept us busy with bending, softness, roundness etc. He was just fab! He was so calm and well behaved and tried his little heart out. Even when he had a spook, I just smiled as he just such a baby :) Just love him.
The school itself is really nice and the surface has a lovely carpet fibre on it. However, one side of the school had hardly any surface and the other was quite deep so they need to even that up. There's also no mounting block or anywhere to scoop your poop too which is a little annoying.
He loaded after just a minute again and was pretty sweaty when we got back so I turned him out naked while I had my lunch then brought him in and fed him and rugged him. I'm just so pleased with him. He's such a lovely boy!
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1417a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1430a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1450a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1465a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1466a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1470a.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment