Had a great lesson with Emily today. We decided I needed to be a lot more determined in regard to what I want instead of giving him mixed signals and being a bit wishy washy. For example, making sure transitions are immediate instead of wandering, insisting on forwardness, asking for more roundness etc. It worked a treat and George was fab!! He's just such a good boy, such a trier and a real pleasure to ride. I find myself laughing and smiling the whole time. Love him!
The only downside to today was that he kicked my collie right in the face!

To be fair to him, she's a right pain in the arse. Always has been. She has a terrible habit of nipping at the horses heels but they generally put up with her as she only ever does it when we're not keeping an eye on her and she thinks she can get away with it. Well today, we were standing yapping to the liveries and completely missed Molly sneaking into the field. Next thing there was a loud smack noise and turned to see the dog fly thru the air and land on her side

She lay there for a second and quickly jumped up and ran over, blood pouring from her mouth. I thought for sure that she'd broken her jaw. However, close inspection shows a split gum and a tooth gone thru her lip. All teeth are still present and correct and she was running about with a massive stick 5 mins later so I'm presuming all is fine. Silly bluddy dog. I hope she's learned her lesson! I sure have!!
Anyway, pics of G man!
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1142a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1141.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1137a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1127a.jpg
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz114/jobaxter1/DSCN1126a.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment